THE RETIREMENT CONTINUUM™
For over ten years now, PARAGON has been proud to be the provider of THE RETIREMENT CONTINUUM™ - an adult education class hosted by the University of North Florida's Division of Continuing Education.
This information-rich course, taught over 2 mornings or 2 evenings, introduces you to the concepts and practices that will help you spend your retirement comfortably and in control of your finances. Millions of workers have postponed retirement due to the changing economy, lack of faith in Social Security and Medicare, or because they feel they can't afford to retire. Inadequate retirement savings, a lack of confidence in their retirement plan, or uncertainties about the financial markets only compound the problem. This course will show you a conservative yet comprehensive approach to money management in retirement, help you identify lifestyle issues facing retirees, and how to maximize your income from your investments, Social Security, and retirement plans. Additionally, the course will discuss how to protect your hard-earned assets from erosion due to inflation, taxes, and the ever increasing cost of long-term health care.
The course is designed to help students answer the following questions:
- How do I know if I can retire? How do I know I won't run out of money?
- How can I maximize my Social Security benefits?
- How do I handle health insurance once I retire, but before Medicare begins?
- How does Medicare work?
- Should I take a lump sum or monthly payments from my company's pension plan?
- How much income can I take from my nest egg?
- What strategies can help me optimize my income plan?
- Are there ways I can minimize the taxes I'll pay in retirement?
- How do I manage my portfolio in retirement, especially during market downturns?