A Philosophy of Honesty, Hard Work, Continuous Education, and World-Class Service
Fiduciary Financial Planners Serving Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra, FL
We genuinely care about our clients and their well-being.
- We care about our clients as individuals. We get to know them well, and take extra time to understand their values, goals, and concerns.
- We are highly responsive and communicate to our clients frequently, in various different ways. Often we hear about advisors not returning phone calls or emails from clients, especially during times of market volatility or client emergencies. This is not acceptable, and does not happen with PARAGON.
- We are "Fee Only." We earn no commissions or revenues from any financial product. We have no sales quotas. Instead, we get paid a small percentage of the assets that you entrust to our management. This encourages us to grow your assets, while minimizing the risk of their loss. Our goals are aligned; we also experience the results of our recommendations to you.
- We are fiduciaries. We are bound by law to put your interests above our own. We have no hidden agenda - only to maximize your wealth within the constraints of your values and your life goals. In the event that a conflict of interest arises, we will quickly disclose it to you and together, we can decide the best course of action.
We are extraordinarily service oriented.
- We return phone calls and emails promptly.
- We take responsibility for our portion of the relationship
- We stand by our promises.
- We serve clients as a team, not as individual advisors. This practice aids in objectivity, sound decision making, and continuity of client service in the event that one of us becomes disabled or dies.
- Unlike most advisors, we consider the tax and risk implications of the financial recommendations we make. Who likes a surprise tax bill because of your advisor's trading decisions?
We expend significant effort trying to be highly competent.
At a minimum, we require our advisors to acquire the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® certification. Fewer than 20% of all financial advisors ever achieve this credential. While many view the CFP® credential as a confirmation of professional competence, because it requires significant training and testing to achieve - we view it only as a starting point. We encourage our advisors to pursue additional professional education once that minimum benchmark has been met. For us, CFP designation is only the foundation for a deeper level of competence achieved only by years of study and experience.
This commitment benefits you in that we often know how to handle complex situations that challenge less experienced advisors.
Independent, but with world-class brokerage platforms.
- For your safety, we never take custody of client funds or securities. Instead, client funds are invested with qualified, institutional custodians for accounting, trading, and safekeeping. Currently PARAGON clients can have their accounts invested with either TD Ameritrade, or with Fidelity Institutional. Both custodians are industry leaders in trading, custody, accounting, and brokerage, and offer maximum protection in accordance with the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC).
- Our clients receive monthly statements from Fidelity or TD Ameritrade, and can see their accounts and the securities that they contain 24 hours per day, 7 days per week at each custodian's respective secure website.
- Performance is reported by Black Diamond - an industry leader in portfolio management and performance reporting.
PARAGON Wealth Strategies
PARAGON: n. (par-uh-gon) 1. A model of excellence or perfection of a kind; a flawless example, such as "a 'paragon' of virtue."
This is, and always has been, our goal.
We first opened our doors in 2004. During the Financial Crisis of 2008, we decided to create a firm that would be independent of Wall Street and would look out only for our clients best interests. We registered directly with the SEC, and negotiated relationships with Fidelity and TDAmeritrade to custody our client's assets for safekeeping and investment implementation. Our goal was to create a cost effective alternative to the abuses, conflicts of interest, and poor levels of service that we observed at leading Wall Street and retail financial services firms. As fiduciaries, we strive to be the best financial adviser in Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra for retirement-minded clients who desire holistic wealth management, without proprietary influence, delivered by a team of experienced financial professionals who care about them as individuals.
Our Commitment to you is one of honesty, education, hard work, and service as we strive to be the best retirement planners in the Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra Beach area.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and federally registered CFP (with flame logo) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Investment Advisory Services Provided by Paragon Wealth Strategies, LLC, a registered investment adviser.